Hi there! Glad you stopped by today. We are one day away from Friday!! Hip hip hooray! Today’s post is answering all the questions for this week’s Hodgepodge. Maybe you’ll like it. Ha! The theme this week is all about may… See what I did there? Anyway, I’m linking up at From This Side of the Pond to join in the fun. I’d love to hear what your answers to these questions would be. Make sure to leave me a comment below.
1. Can you tell I’m embracing a Cinco de Mayo theme here this week? Do you like Mexican food? What’s your favorite dish? How about on the side-black beans, pinto beans, refried beans, rice? What about heat-mild, medium, hot? Will you celebrate with Mexican food and drink on May 5th aka Cinco de Mayo?
On Cinco de Mayo, you will find me enjoying Mexican food & a Grande margarita. Moreover, I cannot wait! This question has made me hungry.
2. Ever been to Mexico? For work or holiday? Love it or no? If you haven’t been is this a place you’d like to visit? Can you speak Spanish?
Yes, I’ve been to Mexico for holiday ~ a few times actually. It involved a beach, sunshine, cocktails, and delicious food. What’s not to love? I cannot speak Spanish – which is somewhat of a bummer. It would sometimes come in handy.
3. What’s one thing you may accomplish this month?
4. If you were mayor of your village, city, or town, what’s one thing you’d like to see changed, done away with, revamped, or accomplished? Is serving in public office something you’ve ever seriously considered?
5. What’s something that may be popular, but that you just don’t get?
6. Can’t let this week slip by without mentioning Thursday May 4th is Star Wars Day. As in ‘May the 4th be with you’ ahem. Are you a fan of the Star Wars series? Exactly how much of a fan are you? On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being ‘I’ve seen every film, own the action figures, might have dressed as Darth Vader for Halloween one year‘, and 1 being, ‘what’s a Vader?‘ -where do you land?
7. Scroll back through your blog posts and in three sentences or less tell us the general theme of your fourth blog post. Does it still ring true today? Is it a topic you re-visit on your blog from time to time?
My fourth post was about the ‘one word challenge.’ If you haven’t heard of it, it’s where you choose a word to focus on during the year that sums up an area you won’t to be more mindful of. I chose the word fearless because I wanted to be fearless in pursuing my goals. This blog being one.
I don’t revisit the topic often, but I will revisit it again in December or January when I choose a new word. Do you pick a word for the year? I’d love to know what it is. I honestly had forgotten that was my word, so it’s good to have this question remind me.