Hello peeps! How’s your week going? It’s been a bit of a tough week around here. Lots of visits back and forth to the hospital ~ that’s a post for another time though. Anyway, sorry to have been a little MIA this week. I’m sure things will get back to the normal routine soon. In the meantime, here is this week’s Hodgepodge.
1. Tell us about a time you felt like you were ‘flying by the seat of your pants’.
Every. Single. Day
2. When or where would you most like to be ‘a fly on the wall’?
I have actually recently used this phrase. Truly, whenever there is some sort of drama going on where I work, I’d like to be a fly on the wall when everyone is talking about it so I can get the inside scoop. As it is currently, I am always the last to find out what is going on with everyone. I guess that’s one down side of not really participating in the gossip.
3. ‘Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.’-Henry David Thoreau
Would you agree? Why or why not?
I do agree with this. I think it means the more you are looking for happiness the harder it is to find. Meaning that you are not content or grateful with where you are. You are always looking for more. However, when you are content with what you have, the happiness seems to come naturally. Wow! Even as I type this I am thinking I am not being a very clear communicator. Does this make any sense?
4. Share a favorite movie, book, or song with flying in its title, lyrics, or theme somewhere.
Come Fly With Me – Michael Buble’
5. What is one task or chore you tend to do ‘on the fly’? Is this something that really needs to be done another way?
Dinner. Absolutely. I seldom have a plan for dinner. I am terrible at looking into my fridge or freezer and figuring out what to make. When I whip something together it is usually on the fly.
Should this task be done another way? Yes. Absolutely. I should make a menu plan, gather ingredients for the week, and be able to go to the fridge any day and have some sort of a plan in place.
You know what the saving grace is for me? Mr. LouiseMarie is a phenomenal chef. He IS able to walk to the fridge or freezer and come away saying something like, “how about chicken scallopini for dinner?” I am not even lying. So, when you have that, it’s kind of hard to motivate yourself to do a better job. Why? He’s got this covered and so much better than any kind of dinner I would make.
6. What was happening the last time you thought to yourself or said aloud, ‘Wow, time flies when you’re having fun’, and you meant it.
Actually it was Easter. I was watching my boys play with their much younger cousins, and I fondly remembered when it was my boys hunting for eggs and being excited about what was in their baskets. I was thinking how time really does fly when you are having fun. Every second of my boys growing up was a joy; I loved every minute of it. The fun traditions and “magic” that we could create for them was such a special time for us. And now that they have outgrown all of that, I realize how quickly the time flew by. All of you out there with littles, enjoy it. The days seem to go by so slowly, but the years fly by so fast.
7. This Thursday is National Garlic Day. Will you add garlic to your menu on Thursday? Do you like garlic? What’s your favorite dish made with garlic?
Yes! Yes! Doesn’t garlic go on everything? At my house it’s kind of like salt & pepper. Seriously, the best thing I ever had with garlic was visiting a friend’s house. She had purchased dried garlic slices. She added the dried garlic to olive oil along with a few spices. We dipped bread in to the garlic oil picking p crunchy bits of garlic as we dipped. It was delicious and I’ve never been able to recreate it because I’ve never found the same type of garlic.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
This video was kind of inspiring for ways to style short hair. As a girl with baby fine hair, short hair is a requirement for me. It can get kind of boring. This video gave me some ideas. If you’re in need of a little inspiration, check her out.
Until next time~