Today, I’m joining Joyce for a little q&a fun. I found her as I was hopping around blogosphere and thought this would be fun. So here goes…
1. What is one area of your life where you’re a perfectionist? Is that a good thing?
Is everything an official area? Sadly, I strive for perfection way too much….& sadly, I fall short every time. But hey, that doesn’t stop me from trying.
Is it a good thing? Depends on who you ask. Mr. Louise Marie would say no for sure. It makes his honey dos much harder.
2. What’s something you find perfectly ridiculous?
Disturbing long fingernails. I mean, really?
3. What’s a skill you’ve developed by way of that old-fashioned saying, ‘practice makes perfect?
Hmm…don’t think I’ve gotten there yet. (There’s that perfectionism again…) Would guilt count?
I mean I seriously feel guilty about one thing or another all. the. time. If it’s not mommy guilt, is work guilt, or I spent too much for that guilt, or I shouldn’t have skipped that workout guilt. Seriously, it’s never-ending. I think it comes from my Catholic breeding. 🙂
4. What’s your idea of a perfect breakfast?
Pancakes every time. Don’t get them often, but oh how I love them.
5. What’s a trip, holiday, vacation, or day outing you’ve taken that you’d rate a perfect 10? Tell us why.
I have had a lot of awesome family trips. Fun road trips. Memories at the beach. A wonderful trip to the Grand Canyon. They all kind of rate as a 10. But something different is what popped in my head first. Let’s go with that one.
So, I am thinking of one weekend getaway with Mr. LouiseMarie. I have no pics to share though. It was a trip to the hill country of Texas at the Lost Pines resort. Nothing spectacular happened, but it was just one of those unrecreateable (is that a word? Let’s pretend it is) weekends. It was just a lot of together time, shuffleboard in the bar, beautiful scenery for long walks, a giant fireplace to sit by, and no kids. Perfection. My only complaint would be that one quick weekend was not long enough.
6. What quote or saying perfectly sums up your life right now? If you can’t do perfect, how about one that comes close?
My faith has gotten me through a lot. Enough said.
7. How would you spend $300 today?
I’m taking a cue from The Empty Nester here, but have to totally agree. Fillers.
No seriously, I have yet to be able to justify the extravagance of that. That’s more like a fantasy.
In all seriousness, I would buy art. I’ve had my eye on a few pieces. You can check them out here.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I am totally thankful for and have been totally blessed by these boys.
Despite these random shows of odd behavior…
At least I can say that all my boys went to Harvard. (Museum that is.)
So, what do you think? Share your thoughts on this post. Fun or not so much?
‘Til next time