Hi there friends. I’m so glad you stopped by to visit today. First of all, it’s Wednesday ~ which means we are half way to the weekend!! So, there’s that. Also, it’s time for this week’s Hodgepodge questions. If you’ve been around then you know the drill Joyce from From This Side of the Pond throws out some random questions and we bloggers answer them. It’s kind of fun because you never know what the questions will be and, it’s fun to get to know other people.
1. What title would you give this current chapter of your life?
Seriously. I am wracking my brain to come up with something clever. Something that reflects the change in my life as my boys are getting older. There’s sadness and excitement at the same time about the next chapter. But nothing outside of clichés is popping into my head. 🙁
How about this… “Middle Age ~ The Struggle is Real” Now that I think about it, between my role at home changing, hormones, feeling hot 100% of the time, diet struggles, and never feeling like I have enough time…. Need I go on?
2. December 6 is National Microwave Oven Day. Who knew? Besides popcorn and coffee reheats, what’s the most common thing you microwave? Could you get along without a microwave?
Defrosting meat and heating up leftovers. Do you use it to reheat coffee? I’ve never needed to do that….just curious.
3. If you could insert yourself into any Christmas carol and experience the lyrics in real life, which Christmas carol lyric would you choose and why?
Definitely Winter Wonderland….being from Texas we don’t often get snow. When we do, there’s not much. I would love to hear sleigh bells, build a snowman…plus doesn’t it just sound romantic?
4. Describe the most beautiful drive you’ve ever taken.
Hands down – the Pacific Coast Highway. The views are nothing short of spectacular. I definitely want to do it again. Next time I want to be in a convertible though. 🙂
5. What’s something on your Christmas list this year? (an actual list or figuratively speaking, either one)
Well, this year Mr. LouiseMarie and I are not exchanging gifts. Instead we decided to have a mantle built for our fireplace. So….no list needed. HOWEVER. I would LOVE to have one of those Peloton bikes. Cycle class is something I love, but it’s not convenient for me to get to it anymore. However, a home bike I would use all the time.
Oh, and world peace. 🙂
6. Insert your own random thought here.
I am counting down the days to go watch son #2 graduate from Navy boot camp. I cannot wait!! Besides the thrill of seeing him after nine long weeks, we are going to do a short visit to Chicago. Any tips you want to share or things we MUST see? I’d love to hear.
Well friends, that’s it for this edition. Thanks to Joyce for always providing our questions and to all the bloggers who participate each week. I wish each of you a great rest of the week. Do you have any fun holiday things planned?
Until next time ~