Hello! I am so glad you’ve dropped by today. I’m linking up with From This Side of the Pond for this week’s Hodgepodge questions. I love this weekly random Q and A because I never know what to expect. It’s also fun to read what other people write as answers. Read on and make sure to leave me a comment below. I love hearing from you!
1. May 17th is National Pack Rat Day. Sidebar-should we be celebrating this? Hmmm…
Are you a pack rat? Even if you’re not a full fledged pack rat, most people have one thing or another they struggle to part with. Tell us what’s yours.
Ha ha! No! I do not think we should celebrate this. Have you figured out that I am NOT a pack rat. I am a clean it out and throw it out kind of girl. This does not always work to my advantage. Mr. LouiseMarie now asks me if we’re cleaning out closets just to replace it all with new stuff. #kindof 🙂
I do struggle with keeping lots of old photos, but does that really count? Also, table linens. I know that’s kind of weird, but you never know, you might throw a dinner party and want them.
2. What are two things you know you should know how to do, but you don’t?
- I think I should know how to operate the grill on my patio. However, I have no clue. Seriously, how hard could it be? Still, I have no idea. At least that way, I don’t have to do the cooking on it. #thatsawin
- Play chess. Mr. LM and my boys all love to play chess. I don’t know how to play. They’ve offered to teach me, but I really have had no interest. And, that has left playing that game with the boys up to dad. #methodtomymadness
3. Do you crave sugar? Do you add sugar to your coffee and/or tea? Artificial sweeteners or sugar substitutes? When dining out is dessert a given? Are you someone who has slain the sugar dragon, and if so tell us how you did it.
Yes, no, yes, no, yes
Yes I do crave sugar in the form of chocolate usually. It happens in stressful situations. Doesn’t everybody do this?
No I do not add sweetener to my coffee. I cannot drink black coffee; however, a
little lot of creamer and I’m good. I try not to use artificial sweeteners. I use Stevia. However, I do love an iced tea with Sweet & Low.
Dessert is never a given – hardly ever even an option. I don’t want the extra calories. Probably need to live a little on this one though.
Yes! I did slay the dragon. 30 days with no sugar while I completed the Whole30. It was not as hard as I thought it would be. I totally recommend you trying it by the way. 🙂
4. What’s a trend it took a while for you to come round to, but now you can’t imagine living without?
Coffee. Is that a trend? Probably not. However, it’s only been the last few years that I have even started to drink coffee. #thanksStarbucks. Now, I don’t want to give it up. Isn’t there something so comforting about a hot cup of coffee in the morning? I’m sounding like a Folgers commercial.
5. What’s a song that reminds you of a specific incident in your life? Please elaborate.
This song reminds me of a first real boyfriend. You know, 8th grade…. I will always remember this sweet boy telling me in a note (remember passing notes?) that this song reminded him of me. Now, I can never hear this song that I don’t think of him.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
This made me laugh out loud.
Have a wonderful day friends!
Until next time~